I’m super excited to bring you this easy crochet cowl pattern, and to use this opportunity to try something new with some of my published and forthcoming patterns.
The experiment :
Cloudy, an easy crochet cowl pattern will be free for a limited time, right here on the blog. During this time, you will also be able to purchase it on Ravelry for 50% off.
You may be wondering why you’d pay for a pattern you can get for free? Simply put: because you love me. I get more from pattern sales, than I do from advertising. Or because you want the pattern stored in you Ravelry library forever, with the rest of your pattern collection.
When the free period expires, the pattern will be available for purchase in all of my sales platforms, at its regular price. It will no longer be available here for free.
CLOUDY COWL – EASY CROCHET COWL PATTERN
Yarn: Illimani Yarn – Amélie – 56% Silk, 40% Camelid Alpaca, 4% Merino wool – 50 g (164 yds/150 m) 2 skeins (Color A, Color B)
Hook: 5 mm Clover Amour Hook
Gauge: 12 sts and 9 rounds = 4 in/10 cm
Finished size: 22 in/56 cm around, 16 in/41 cm high
- ea… each
- fdc… foundation double crochet
- hdc… half-double crochet
- herr-dc… herringbone double crochet
- RS… right side
- sl st… slip stitch
- st… stitch
- yo… yarn over
- The ch-2 at the beginning of rounds does not count as a st.
- Cowl is worked in joined rounds.
- Change colours by working the last yarn over of the last stitch in the new colour.
- Carry yarn up, inside the cowl.
fdc… ch 3, yo, insert hook in 3rd ch from hook, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 1 loop on hook (chain made; note the placement of this portion of the stitch as this is where you will insert your hook for the next fdc), (yo, pull through 2 loops on hook)2x (double crochet made), *yo, insert hook in previous chain, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 1 loop on hook (chain made), (yo, pull through 2 loops on hook) 2x (double crochet made). Repeat from * as indicated.
herr-dc… Yo, insert hook in indicated stitch, yo, pull up a loop through st and 1st loop on hook, yo, pull through 1 loop on hook, yo, pull through remaining loops.
With A, fdc 70, change to B, join with sl st in 1st fdc to form ring.
- Round 1 (B). Ch 2, herr-dc in 1st st and in ea st around, change to A, join with sl st in 1st st. -70 sts
- Round 2 (A). Ch 2, herr-dc in 1st st and in ea st around, change to B, join with sl st in 1st st.
- Rounds 3-20 (B, A). Repeat Rounds 1-2. At the end of last round, do not change colour.
COLOUR A SECTION
- Rounds 21-28 (A). Ch 2, herr-dc in 1st st and in ea st around, join with sl st in 1st st. At the end of last Round, change to B.
COLOUR B SECTION
- Rounds 29-36 (B). Ch 2, herr-dc in 1st st and in ea st around, join with sl st in 1st st.
- Round 37 (B). Ch 1, hdc in 1st and in ea st around, join with sl st in 1st st.
Finish off, weave ends in.