Hello and welcome to Day 11 of Marly’s Quickies ! I am super happy to see you =)
I designed this shoulder wrap to be versatile, quick to crochet, and perfect for all. The satin ribbon tied into a bow makes it a perfect addition to a LBD =)
Let’s get right to the pattern, shall we ?
This section contains affiliate links.
- 2x Red Heart Chic Sheep Yarn by Marly Bird – 100 g Worsted weight (170 m/186 yds), 100 % Merino wool. Used here : Colour A – Velvet, Colour B – Linen
- 6 mm hook
- 1,5 m/1,64 yds black satin ribbon (or colour of your choice; I used 5 cm/ 2 in ribbon)
- Yarn needle, stitch markers, scissors
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp – space
- Gauge is not overly important in this pattern. I work to the following tension: 2 stitch repeats x 5 rounds = 10 cm/4 in
- Starting from Row 2, work sc and dc around the chains. Work sl sts into the chains or indicated sts.
- Finished wrap is 51 cm/20 in wide, 30,5 cm/12 in high.
- You can choose to work only the 1st half of this shoulder wrap for an even quicker quickie.
FIRST HALF. To start, ch 160 with A. Being careful not to twist chain, sl st to 1st ch to form a circle.
Round 1. Ch 1, sc in same ch, ch 4, skip 3 ch, *sc in next ch, ch 4, skip 3 ch, repeat from * around, ending with sl st in first sc, sl st in next 2 ch. –40 spaces
Round 2. Ch 1, sc in same sp, ch 2, *4 dc in next sp, ch 2**, sc in next sp, ch 2, repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, sl st in first sc, sl st in next ch. -20 4-dc fans, 20 sc
Round 3. Ch 1, sc in same sp, *ch 4, skip 4 dc, sc in next sp, ch 4, skip sc**, sc in next sp, repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, sl st in first sc, sl st in next 2 ch. -40 spaces
Rounds 4-13. Repeat Rounds 2-3 five more times.
Round 14. Repeat Round 2 one more time.
Round 15. sl st in each ch and st around, sl st into 1st sl st, finish off. Weave ends in.
SECOND HALF. With right side facing, join B with a sl st into any of the chain spaces that are directly opposite a single crochet from FIRST HALF, Round 1.
Rounds 1-14. Repeat Rounds 2-15 from FIRST HALF.
FINISHING: Weave ribbon through spaces formed in FIRST HALF, Round 1.
I hope you enjoy this free pattern =) Add your projects to Ravelry so that I can see them !
See the rest of the free projects over on Marly’s blog !